The Group of Secondary Schools of the name of Franciszek Ratajczak ( Zespół Szkół Ponadgimnazjalnych im. Franciszka Ratajczaka) in Kościan consists of technical schools, basic vocational schools and general secondary schools.
The school’s offer includes:
Ø Four – year technical schools for:
· oil industry workers,
· advertising specialists,
Ø Three – year basic vocational schools for:
· car mechanics,
· shop assisstants,
· plumbers and pipe fitters,
Ø Three-year general secondary school:
· pro-health and fitness profile,
· office and administrative profile,
Ø Three-year general secondary school for adults
The school’s motto is „Into a better future with a better job”. About 850 students aged 16 - 20 attend the school to be taught by about 80 teachers. The teaching staff works in such a way that students treat learning as a valuable gift not only a duty. We cooperate with a lot of companies and enterprises which support the school in the process of education and vocational training.
The school also offers its students:
· participation in European projects connected with Erasmus + Program, eTwinning and a lot of others,
· possibilities of vocational trainings abroad,
· numerous competitions and sports tournaments,
· extra-curricular activities ( e.g. aerobics, discussion club),
· voluntary service,
· interesting activities in the field of entrepreneurship delivering a lot of knowledge of contemporary business,
· professional preparation for taking efficient measures on the labour market,
· modern and developing didactic base.